Thursday, June 19, 2008

Remembering

Today is the mark of what I hope to be an end to a very bad year. A year ago today I received a phone call that would shatter my life more than I could have ever imagined. My Abuelo had died unexpextedly, the man I had just seen a few days earlier for fathers day was gone forever. A man of ninety plus years was someone I never expected to lose and I never expected the impact it would have on my life. My grandfather was truly an inspiration to all and lived a life that most people will never live. He was a wonderful husband to the same women for over fifty years, in our society I consider this to be very rare and I hope to be able to do the same in my lifetime. He was able to see all of his granddaughters but one get married. He had six grandkids and nine great grandkids all but one of which he was able to meet. He passed on his beautiful gift of music to my brother and he was able to see him perform several times and watch him in awe. I have never seen someone so mesmerized by music and so proud of his grandson. He was able to contribute to all of his grandkids college educations, something he wanted very much so to do. Today I will remember my Abuelo and everything he stood for and meant to every life he touched. I love you abuelo, until we meet again

2 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

How beautiful Lauren.I know you miss him but all of his grandchildren are a wonderful reflection of who he was.

Unknown said...

Lo-this is such a beautiful tribute to your Grandfather. I love you so much and am so proud to be your friend...and pretty much sister :) I'm praying for a better year this year. Love you!