Monday, June 16, 2008

Family

This weekend I had the opportunity to spend some great quality time with my family. During baseball season this is very rare, usually when my Dad is in town after the games much of our attention is being shared with every other family member. Friday evening after the game it was just our family and it was so wonderful just to spend time with my family. This is something I feel that many people take for granted. I have always treasured the time with my family because it usually only happens from october to february. After ryan and I met I was so blessed to be a part of his family as well. They are a family that treasures family time as much as I do. We spend our times together talking and more recently enjoying the presence of nieces and nephews. Growing up I was always so upset when my dad left because part of my family was gone and then when my mom started traveling with him it was even more difficult because it wsa just my siblings, but now I have another family to call my own to spend time with, to laugh and to cry with. As my new life with ryan starts we will be starting our own family and I will feel even more blessed to not only have two families to share but also to share a family of our own with my husband. Life is good.

1 comment:

Ronda's Rants said...

It was a great day and we will have lot's more. I am so glad you had time with all your family!