Thursday, August 21, 2008

Think About It Thursday

I received my letter of acceptance yesterday to the school of social work. It was such a great accomplishment and looking back it all made sense to me. I didn't always start off wanting to be a social worker. I wanted to be a physical therapist, so I started in pre-medical sciences during which I started volunteering at the children's cancer center and met Mary Ann. I then realized that pre-med was not for me. I thought about getting my physical therapy aide degree but decided against that. A fellow sorority sister was in the social work program so I decided to check it out. After reading the description I thought this would be good for me. I took a semester of classes and then decided to go into education. After a few classes I quickly began to see that this was not my calling. So I went back to social work where I began to feel that this was where my heart was and I could love doing this for the rest of my life. I started my last semester of classes before I would apply to the program. I struggled and struggled with economics and was sure that it would be what would hold me back, but after much hard work I passed economics and was well on my way. The past few months over the summer I waited and waited some more and finally the letter came. Its amazing how such a short letter can impact your life so much! I start my first orientation on monday and my first social work classes on wednesday. I am so excited to be on my way to achieving my bachelors in social work. I am determined to do the best I can in each and every class I take. It is very evident that God's plan is always in play. I now know that my true calling is social work and all of the struggles showed me that.

2 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

I am so evry happy! Yeah...I do believe you have a calling and God is so good and he will continue to make a way!
BTW...Where is Jake and Miley picture?

LoLo said...

Thank you!! What do you mean? On your computer or on my blog?