Sunday, August 24, 2008

School

As I enjoy my last sunday before classes begin I find myself excited and anxious, like a pre-schooler before his first day for kindergarden. Growing up I always felt this way, many of my friends did not so I always felt strange:) I got excited about school every year until about my sophmore year of college and I wondered if the excitement had left me forever. But as my excitement continues this year I know it has reemerged. This is such an exciting year for me. My first semester in the social work program, my last year of undergraduate, something I never thought would come and the realization that I know what I want to do for the rest of my life and I am excited about it! There is a long line of family members that love their job, something I feel is very rare in our society. Growing up I knew that whatever I did for a living, it would be something I loved to do, not just something that paid the bills. As I go through each class and as I volunteer at the Children's Cancer Center I know that I will love this career and it will be so much more than just a job.