Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Brother

Today is my brother CJ's birthday. He is my older brother who died twenty four years ago from Neuroblastoma. For those of you who don't know, neuroblastoma is a rare form of pediatric cancer. I missed meeting him by just a year, something I did not know until I went to his grave for the first time after my uncle died in january. He died in 1986 and I was born in 1987. Its funny how you can have never met someone and love them and miss them so much. I only know what he looked like from the pictures, which are few are far between since he was only two. He looked like my mom's side and he loved lizards thats all I know. I think about him every day and know that my passion for helping those with cancer is deep rooted from losing him before I was even born. As sad as it was losing my grandmother, both grandfathers and my uncle I was at peace knowing that cj would have them as he sacrificed for so long. I know he looks down on me everyday and I feel better knowing that. I hope that I am making him proud and I look forward to the day we meet again and I can know his face for myself and tell him how much I love him.

2 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

Wow, your poor Mama...I can't even imagine all that she endured amd it makes me humble. I will be thinking of your family. Love you, Ronda

NB Warrior said...

what a very beautiful post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings about your brother. My daughter is a 3 year survivor of Neuroblastoma and she started Kindergarten this year. We thank God every day for such a precious angel.
Thank you again and I hope you and your family are doing okay.