Sunday, December 21, 2008

Remembering

Maybe it’s much too early in the gameAh, but I thought I’d ask you just the sameWhat are you doing New Year’sNew Year’s Eve? Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tightWhen it’s exactly twelve o’clock that nightWelcoming in the New YearNew Year’s EveMaybe I’m crazy to supposeI’d ever be the one you choseOut of a thousand invitationsYou’d receiveAh, but in case I stand one little chanceHere comes the jackpot question in advanceWhat are you doing New Year’sNew Year’s Eve?Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tightWhen it’s exactly twelve o’clock that nightWelcoming in the New YearNew Year’s EveWhat are you doing New Year’s Eve?

Every Christmas they play this song and a flood of emotions come to me. My grandmother used to sing this song to me every year. My brother and I used to spend every new years eve at my grandparents. I have these vivid memories of her in the kitchen cooking and singing what are you doing this new years eve, why dont you come spend it with me. Her own variation of the song. It was always so beautiful to me and it is one of the many memories I have of her. When I hear it its like she is looking down on me, telling me its ok. I miss her very much especially during the holidays and the song has always brought some sense of peace to me. When New years eve rolls around I will be thinking of her and know she is and always will be looking down on me until we meet again.

No comments: