Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas


Christmas is very exciting this year! This is Ryan and I's first Christmas in our house and together instead of splitting up and going to our own families separately. This year we will celebrate Christmas morning together and then go to our parents together. I am more excited about that, than any of the gifts. It is exciting to me to be starting our own traditions as well as partaking in those that our families have set for us. I still put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving just as my mom as done every year. I remember doing this as a child, I usually got ornament boxes down or handed her the limbs for the fake tree in the family room, but it was always fun listening to Christmas music and watching the tree take form. Im not sure what kind of new traditions Ryan and I will start, but I dont think traditions are something you plan out, I think they just happen. I can't wait to have our own traditions and pass them on to our future children and then look back several years and know that we will always do these things and perhaps our kids will pass them on to their families. It is a very exciting time! I am excited that this time next year I will be celebrating Christmas with a new name, a family of my own, being married to my best friend, and starting my very first career after college:)

2 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

I love the tree and it is beautiful...I am very excited for both of you...I hope you both know how loved you are!

LoLo said...

thanks!! I still feel like there is something missing..We do! We love you too!!