Thursday, October 9, 2008

Do we need to go back to kindergarden?

So the past few weeks of the political race I have noticed a lot of name calling and do you know who you are really voting for? I dont know about you but I learned at a very young age that calling names is not only wrong but nothing good ever comes of it. I can vividly remember kids being embarrassed to tell their middle name because someone had made fun of them. I am aware that sometimes middle names may not be approving of all, but how is that a persons fault, they did not pick their names, so what are they supposed to do be ashamed and change their name? Im a little sick of our country valuing the fact that we are a melting pot but then when something or someone is different from you, you execute it. Today I ask you to be open to something or someone different from you, for difference is what makes each one of us individuals. Instead of challenging that just accept it, you might be suprised at what you find.

2 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

I agree wholeheartedly...I understand frustration...but not this nasty anger that is going on!

LoLo said...

absolutely!! It really just needs to stop so everyone can focus on the issues and what is really important!