Saturday, May 24, 2008

Unmotivated

As I was driving yesterday I saw this kid walk across the street wearing a shirt that said genius by birth slacker by choice. To some people this may be comical or just words but it deeply angered me. I have a very difficult time dealing with the fact that people have the ability and they dont use it. This kid may or may not be the definintion of his shirt but just the words on his shirt make my blood boil. When I was in school I had to work so hard and sometimes only make c's and my brother who could make a's with his hands tied behind his back just didnt care. He eventually began to understand the importance of school but I would get so angry and he never understood why. I hope that I do not suffer this with my own children someday because I dont really know how to deal with it. I can only pray for myself to be understanding and not jump to anger before explanation and for these kids to realize their full potential and use it as God has intended them to.

No comments: