Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It has not been until recently that I have truly realized how important my family is. I always liked to hang out with my family, but it was just something I did. Something I assumed everyone did until I made friends who thought it was crazy that I ate dinner with my family every night. This is weird? I have done this my whole life I thought. Then as I met my fiance and soon to be husband I noticed that he enjoyed his families company as much as I did. Over the past five years we have spent so much time at family gatherings for both his family and mine and I knew that this was something that would always be important to me even after our kids are grown. I am now at a point where I look forward to those sunday dinners with his family or cookouts with mine and now that we have our own house I look forward to the family gatherings we can have there. It never matters what we do, just that we are together and it some how makes everything in life so much more meaningful. No matter what I go through turning to anyone in my family is always an option and a luxury that I have more recently learned that not everyone has and I am truly blessed for that. I love everyone that I call family!

1 comment:

Ronda's Rants said...

We are blessed to have you in our lives!