Friday, September 5, 2008

I miss you everyday

Today is my uncle bobby's birthday and it brings a flood of memories back. For those of you who dont know my grandmother, mother and uncle all share birthdays the first week of september. Every year we celebrate their birthdays together, this will be the first year we dont. My uncle died in January after a long long battle with pancreatic cancer. I sometimes wonder if he knew that he was my role model or that he was my favorite. He was the only one I was ever concerned with if he was proud of me. I have always struggled with school and he was always so proud and encouraging when I brought my grades up. He had this strength and proud character that I have never seen in anyone. He never wanted people to know that he had cancer or that he was in pain, his clients at work didnt even know he had cancer. I often wonder if he knows how much he taught all of us about life. My cousin left him a letter telling him to smell the roses. An important lesson we can all learn. Sometimes we get so wrapped in life, work and school that we forget what is important. So as you go through the weekend remember to take some time to smell the roses. Enjoy time with your family, take a walk, tell someone how much they mean to you. We arent promise tomorrow, so live today as if it is your last.

1 comment:

Ronda's Rants said...

I wish your whole family a day filled with the smell of beautiful Roses!